Saturday, August 16, 2014

Writing Emails

Tonight I am enjoying some peace and quiet. The kids are all asleep and Josh is upstairs in bed. I uploaded some pictures to the computer and sat down to write a blog, but instead decided to write emails to the kids. I am feeling a little sensitive and emotional and didn't really want to spill my guts here, so I figured I could lay the sappiness out in an email for them to read many years from now. I get like this some nights after the kids go to sleep. Its like all day I want a break but once they're asleep I can't stop thinking about them, how wonderful they are, the funny things they do, the joy they bring to me..

But anyways.. If you haven't sent them an email, please do! I have never opened any of the messages so I promise that they are confidential and will be read only by the kids when they are grown up! Dear.Audrey.Falcon and Dear.Joshua.Falcon at gmail dot com. Nathaniel will get one soon enough, I'll let ya'll know once it is done.

SO, in an effort to keep up with the blog, I have some recent photos, but not a really meaty post. I pulled out Maria's nice camera and have been playing around trying to document our days around here.

JJ loves two things. Wrestling - but that's hard to take photos of when I am pinning him to the ground. And trains. Usually he doesn't get to play a lot with them because big sister is always bossing him around and not letting him do what he wants with them. Today Audrey was out with my mom and Nathaniel was sleeping, so we pulled out the trains and played for a while. He's happy just pushing them around and around the track.


Audrey is all about her dolls right now. She has the 12" Disney princess barbie dolls (I think she has 4 or 5 of them, plus some of the princes) and also some of the smaller Disney princess figurines. We also got her the Anna and Elsa castles (from Frozen) and she plays with these ALL DAY LONG. She sleeps with the dolls. She takes them everywhere we go. She is always asking us to play with her and we do when we have time. Its nice when she has girls her age to play with, because JJ just doesn't know how to play the way she wants him to. It is frustrating for her, I'm sure!

Nathaniel is seeming bigger every day. Today was a good day because he napped pretty well for me. He even had stretches of awake time where he was quietly enjoying his bouncer or sat and cooed and smiled with me. He has such a big smile and its easy to forget my exhaustion when this face is looking at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment