Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This is 30!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday! Can you believe it? I still feel 17 some days. And other days I feel like I must be 75 years old. haha.

The birthday surprises started a couple of days ago. I really didn't want to do anything much for my birthday. Going out sounds exhausting, so maybe a nice dinner with Josh was really all I wanted. Josh and Maria surprised me big time with a one night stay in a hotel...by myself!! Ahh! This may sound quite boring and even lonely to some, but for me it is literally a dream come true. They told me about it a couple days ahead of time so I would be sure to not make plans. Then they surprised me with a gift certificate to a spa so I can get a massage or a facial or whatever I want! I thought about using it while I was away at the hotel, but decided my stay was too short and I will just use the spa day another time.

On the morning of my birthday, they surprised me with yet another gift - a MacBook Air! I have been wanting one for about 2 years but its something I couldn't justify for myself. I am so excited to finally have a computer I can (hopefully) rely on! I'm making an appointment soon to go in to the Apple store so they can teach me how to use it. Haha.

Later in the day we went to lunch with the Arnold's at Sweetwater. It felt very special to have everyone there celebrating with us. Of course the kids were all over the place, but Josh and the rest of the family handled them all so I could have a bit of a break. :)

After lunch I went home and packed a small overnight bag and said good-bye to my loves for the night! I checked in to the hotel and after sitting in peaceful, blissful silence for a while, I decided to head over to the mall for some shopping (ALONE!) and to get a new book. I bought myself a new pair of pants and Gone Girl, a book everyone has been telling me to read. When I got back to the hotel I grabbed a glass of wine from the bar and went up to my room to enjoy a quiet evening alone. I took a hot bath, listened to some music, sat in bed playing on the iPad, and then read about 2 pages of my book before falling asleep in the giant comfy bed. While I'd like to say I slept all night, that is not the case. I don't think my body knows how to do that anymore!? I woke up a couple times and then got up for the day at 7. I went down and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat in bed catching up on a lot of work and other things I wanted to get done before going back home. Took a long hot shower with the door closed. Ha!

Lauren and I also went out for my birthday drinks and a movie the week after my birthday. We made it through the drinks part, but we fell asleep a few minutes in to the movie. So old! We could have gone back to the bar for another drink, but I felt so tired and just wanted to go home. Such a mom move!

While it may seem silly and boring to some, this was exactly the birthday present I wanted. I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the world. And the kids. :) I can't wait to see what the next 30 years brings my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment